Thursday, April 10, 2008

not a super scout!

okay so this may sound bad, but oh well. For the first time in a long time i am not enjoying my calling. i have always been taught that you don't turn down a calling...so i didn't. i am the bears leader in cub scouts. my assistant leader is great and so are most of the other people i work with...i am not a super scout though. i don' t enjoy dressing up in the full gear (neither will you find me doing that) and scouting is not my life. i go to training meetings and pack meetings and a lot of the other leaders are way into it...i am not. Sorry if this sounds rude, but i can't get into it. I still like my little scouts, but am not the "super scout". Last night was pack meeting and a training meeting. I went, but did not get super excited about it. think i have better, more productive things to do with my time.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Holly,
I tried to leave a "sympathy" comment about scouting. I don't know what happened to it.
Liz Carson

Lizzie said...

OK, that worked, so I'll try again.
I had a calling as Webelos leader back in 1977. Aaron was in my class and I loved all the boys, but I AM NOT a scouter! Back in those days we met on a weekday during primary. I loved teaching the priesthood preparation lessons, but I HATED the scouting part. What I hated most was all the hype that went with the courts of honor and the scout leadership councils. "Watermelon Cheer"??? Give me a break!!
Liz Carson

Some of my favs