Thursday, September 4, 2008

Teaching ASL

It has been awhile since i posted last, and that is because I have been so busy with my new job! I am now about 2 weeks into the school year. I teach 3 periods of ASL a day to high school students at Morgan High School. My students are doing well (i have 60 this trimester) and learning fast. They still struggle from time to time with the no voice policy, but hey they are high schoolers!
I love the teaching part of my job, but am getting used to the grading, prep time and classroom management which really isn't that bad.
I love the fact that I am part time so I can be home for my kids. I am there to greet Fisher as he gets off the bus and still get lots of bonding/teaching time with Tucker.
My hat goes off to all you working moms! It is exhausting many days working part time i don't know how you do it full time.
All in All i love my job and still get to be a stay at home mom (most of the day)!

2 comments:

John and Charese said...

WOW~ WAY TO GO HOLLY! You are crazy... good for you! What a busy life you have. I am glad you are enjoying it! Hope to see ya around, sometime!

Shari said...

It was good to see you last month. Keep up the good work: mom/career women! I can sympahtize with you! But the rewards are great!

Love,
shari

Some of my favs