Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've become small town!


Anyone who knows me well, especially during college will get a kick out of this! I have become a small town girl! Yep, I love good ole Morgan Utah, the city without one traffic light!
All through college I said if I was still single when I graduated I wanted to live in New York and give the publishing world a try. I lived in London for 4 months and absoutely loved it!!
But there is something great about small town life. Yes, there are frustrations here and there, but overall, it is awesome! I love that most everyone here knows each other by name. I love that the bank tellers know me by name and don't even ask for I.D. I LOVE that there is no traffiic or parking trouble! i love the close knit community. I think that thing that set this all off was my several trips to downtown Salt Lake and outlying areas during the holildays. I had the worst time finding parking and just dealing with city stuff!
This is all ironic because I am a Salt Lake city girl and SLC is not even that big compared to New York or London!
Here and there i miss the city and just drive to Salt Lake, but overall I am glad I love living in small, good ole Morgan! This is an aeril view of morgan from a website i found called soarwest. I thougt it was pretty! For all of you who do not know where Morgan is (that was me once) it is east of Ogden up I-84 eastbound. On the other side of Ogden canyon and Pineview. the population of Morgan as of January 2009 is estimated 8,000.

3 comments:

rkkorth said...

I really love MOrgan too!! What nice neighbors we have!!

Trisha said...

I know what you mean! I grew up in Sandy, but from 8th-12th grade (5 years) I lived in Richfield, UT. I LOVED going to a smaller h.s. where I knew my entire graduating class, and pretty much the whole school.
My parents are still down there and it is so great to go and visit. I would love to live in a small town if I were married....the singles scene isn't as great in the small towns, but obviously I haven't managed to be too successful in that department anyway, despite living in the booming metropolis of Salt Lake City.

John and Charese said...

AMEN! I am with ya! I am here for good! Sometimes I wish I didn't love it, as it isn't accessable to my family, shopping, etc. But I do~ I LOVE IT! We have the best neighborhood, which makes everything worth it!

Some of my favs