Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A pocketful of sunshine!

I had a great experience today! One of my students gave me "a pocketful of sunshine". She came up to me and asked (in ASL) how do you sign and fingerspelled favorite color? I showed her. She then came up to me and signed what is your favorite color? I told her and she quickly ran off. All of this was happening while my class was across the hall watching Channel one.
She later returned with a note made on my favorite color that said-
"You are such a great teacher! I have really learned so much ! Thank you for being not only a great teacher, but a great person as well! I am glad I have had the opportunity to learn ASL and have you as a teacher. You really do so much and are so amazing!"
That made my day!
Thank you !!! (you know who you are)
It was terrific validation for a first year teacher!

3 comments:

.:sommersclan:. said...

That is so nice. I bet that you are a great teacher and that those kids love having you.

rkkorth said...

I bet you ARE a great teacher. It's nice to have someone say it once in awhile huh?

Carrick family said...

That is sooo sweet of her to do that!! I bet you are a fun teacher!

Some of my favs